Saturday, May 8, 2010

Kesler Lane Triathaletes

Somehow about a month ago my neighbor (& good friend) Jamie talked me into doing a triathalon with her. The event was a women's only Sprint distance triathalon held this morning at the Tempe Town Lake. We eventually got our other 2 friends on our street to join us & here we are at the race. Below is our first photo, before we found Autumn.








Anna, Jamie, Autumn, & Aimee


Jamie, the only race veteran, is cruising! She is our leader & inspiration!

Jamie crossing the finish line.


Watching the finish line.


All of us at the finish! Yeah! We did it! I reached my goal of 1:45.

We swam 800m, biked 13.5 miles & ran 3.1m.

Memorable moments include: training daily at the gym,
the practice swim in the lake,
Anna's bike crash,
Autumn joining the swim relay the day before the race,
the sleepless night before the race,
hyperventilating & becoming disoriented & almost delirious on the swim,
starting my run with my bike helmut still on,
and last but not least,
deciding I need a bladder lift during the run. . . Don't ask . . .
P.S. I think we are going to try to do another one in November in Casa Grande if any one wants to join us! It's only 400 m swim & its in a pool!

7 comments:

Christi said...

You go girls! I'm impressed!

Rosalyn Francis said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU ALL! WOO HOO!

So many STARS so little time! said...

This looks like so much fun! I'm proud of you all. I love a race goal.

Unknown said...

YEAH!! I need to call and get more details! I am so exicited for you.

Jill said...

I wanted to do the race but I couldn't do it that Saturday. When is the Casa Grande race. Sign me up. Proud of you!

kaleyq said...

Way to go Aimee! Very impressed. And don't get me started on the bladder lift thing.... :)

Merry said...

Wow! That's awesome!

And your little Luke is so cute! I'm glad I found your blog.