Thursday, May 21, 2009

Welcome Summer!


It couldn't have been a nicer day! Last day of school excitement is in the air.

5:30 I got up and walked in the cool morning air. (Maybe the last time I wake up that early for months to come.)

10:30 Isaac played at Carter's house. Thrilling for him.

12:00 I picked up the kids after school who all got to bring a friend home. We had Frozen Pizza for lunch & then went swimming.

2:00 I got to take a nap with Isaac.

4:30 Ian & Curtis went to the temple to do baptisms.

6:00 The kids & Grandma & I had white bean chilli & ate on the porch & it started to rain! Hallelujah! It's been a very nice overcast day, maybe about 80 degrees (a welcome break from the 107's of earlier this week.) Isaac came & asked for his jacket & boots & told me it was raining on his head. Eliza & Beckie have been in their swimming suits all day. Welcome summer. We all had those icecream cones that are dipped in chocolate & nuts & the kids played on the swingset.

7:30 Now the girls are taking a warm bath in my big tub. The boys are playing dress up clothes. Isaac makes a cute evil Zurg!






2 More Stories about Josh:

The other day Josh was complaining that he needed a new toothbrush & I asked if he could wait til he went to the dentist next week. He said that his electric one had broken, for a couple weeks. I asked, "Do you mean to tell me that you haven't been brushing your teeth for weeks?"

Pretty much.

Unbelievable.

This boy has also been caught wearing the same shirt to school for like a week. (Where is his mother? and why would she not notice something like that?) When it was finally brought to my attention by his brother I asked Josh why he was wearing the same shirt. He said that he didn't have any other clean shirts in his drawer.
That's because he never bothered to unload his basket of clean laundry that somehow was just shoved away in his closet.

Gotta love 10 year olds boys because they really just don't care about those kinds of details, unlike 13 year olds boys, who really do care.

I'm also happy to report that I started feeling the baby move yesterday while I was sitting on my bed working on my RS lesson. What a wonderful & happy moment for me. I have made it to 18 weeks now & get an ultrasound a week from today. Exciting.

42 days til Mom & Dad come home. Yippee!

Loving this summer already.

6 comments:

Crissie said...

What a great start to summer! Oh to be a kid again! It was so great seeing you tonight. You are so kind to take care of your Grandma the way that you do.

Erin A said...

Love the pictures of "Cute Evil Zurg!" My 9 almost 10 year old did the exact same thing with his shirt this week. And he had at least 5 clean shirts in the laundry room!

Congratulations on the baby! I had no idea!

kaleyq said...

OK Aimee- I need to check in more often. Congratulations on the anticipated arrival of #5! So exciting! It will be wonderful to have your parents back too. Hope you're feeling well--and sneaking in those much-needed naps!

annelise said...

Aimee---I just heard about your folks and the runin with to "assailants". I hope everything is okay with them and you Mom's arm. Here in Texas everytime something happens that has to do with AZ we are the first ones everybody calls so everyone talk to us about you parents. It was a suprise to them how close we know them. Funny.

Jim

Karen said...

Hi friend! Yesterday in church the big news was that Elder and Sister Nelson were in an attack in Africa. (They had just visited our ward and spoken in our sacrament meeting on Mother's Day.) I'd heard they were having dinner at the mission home with the mission president and his wife but had no idea that it was your folks until they showed a picture of your parents on the news this morning. Then I was really freaking out. I can't imagine how you must have felt. I hope everybody is doing OK. I know that broken bones heal, but I hope everybody heals emotionally too. That must have been absolutely terrifying. Send your folks my love.
p.s. I'm sending you my love too. I loved your post and the stories about your kids, especially the hygiene deficient one. Hilarious!! And congratulations about your pregnancy! I'm thrilled for you.

Brent & Emily Slade said...

I never even saw this post...wow...what a great sister. Anyway...that is hilarious about Joshie! Ha! the same shirt for a week! :) My favorite part is that you didn't notice!